Monday, May 2, 2011

The Ceremonial First Post (of song and legend)

Every blog has to have a first post, and this will be mine!

I hope that this blog will become a place where librarians, archivists and other information professionals (and para-professionals!) can share their job experiences, and explain what it is we do all day. I hope we'll also be able to explain why what we do is important, and not in any danger of being subsumed by Google and the web.

I will make a proper post later, but right now I am a digitization librarian, working on digitizing archival materials for use by students and scholars. I do original metadata and cataloging. I have other duties as well: young adult book ordering and reference to name a few. I used to be in charge of our social media outreach, but now I am working on a special digitization project to create a comprehensive online library of Army doctrine.  In my spare time, I teach communications courses, sing, write, and make silly little web comics.


Want to tell us what you do, and why it's important? Send email to TammyLGarrison at gmail dot com

No comments:

Post a Comment